[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. May 7 thru Fri. May 11

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon May 7 09:39:44 CDT 2012

Hi folks,

Well, graduation is out of the way, but Finals Week has arrived!  I wish
all you students lots of knowledge and correct answers, and the teachers
plenty of patience to deal with all the tests and grading.  It's almost
over now!   If you still have challenging finals to face after today,
you should consider attending the "Pillows and Pancakes" study session
in the Cafeteria this evening from 10:00 to 11:30, where students get
together with other students, faculty and staff to eat pancakes,
sausage, bacon, etc. and study for their remaining finals.  It should be
a great time and very helpful to cram in that last little bit of
knowledge before you face your finals.

Tuesday at 2:00 there will be a Staff Council meeting in the Library
Conference Room.  Anyone interested is invited to attend.

This Thursday, our Biggest Loser contest will hold their final weigh-in
of this contest and the very final weigh-in with Loma Messex's
assistance.  Loma has been a wonderful help to the Staff Council as we
sponsored these contests.  She has always been very willing to be there
for our contestants and offer them encouragement and helpful tips as
they struggled to lose those pounds.  We wish her all the best as she
retires to pick blackberries and enjoy life!  I loved the retirement
statement she made at the Employee Recognition Reception recently, "Whoo
Hoo!"  That says it all, Loma.

Also this Thursday, we will be hosting the Wilburton Jr. High (Middle
School) Graduation Dance in the Ballroom.  We have been fortunate enough
to host several Wilburton High School and Jr. High special events this
year, and expect even more in the coming year.

This Friday evening the Cafeteria will host the annual Choctaw GED
Graduation Dinner, when Choctaw grads from all over the area and their
families come to celebrate a milestone in their lives and have a great
meal together in our Student Center.  Congratulations to those graduates!

And don't forget this Sunday is Mother's Day.  Be sure and do something
special for your mother to show her how much she means to you.

Menus for the week include:

Monday:        Pork loin, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed cabbage,
green beans, baby carrots, hot rolls, strawberry cake

Tuesday:        Chicken tetrazzini or BBQ, steamed red potatoes,
broccoli, corn, zucchini and tomatoes, hot rolls, peach cobbler

Wednesday:    Soft shell tacos, Mexican rice, pinto beans, fried okra,
Mexican cornbread, cheesecake

Thursday:        Chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn
on the cob, fried squash, California blend vegetables, hot rolls, brownies

Friday:            Spaghetti or steak melts, fries, green beans, baby
carrots, winter blend vegetables, two handed cookies

For those of you who have graduated and won't be reading my menus any
more, I wish you a wonderful future, and hope you keep in touch with us
here at Eastern.  We've enjoyed having you here and will miss you.  For
those of you who have not yet graduated, I wish you a great and safe
summer and hope to see you again in the Fall.  And for the rest of you,
have a great week here at Eastern, and come eat with us!  We'll be glad
to have you!