[Eoscstudents] HELP! with recycling bins

Ruth Brelsford rbrelsford at eosc.edu
Wed Apr 10 16:12:13 CDT 2013

We are so happy that people are recycling on the Eastern campus!  We have
already collected over 2300 lbs of recyclables in the short time we have
been recycling on campus.

We need, however, for people to carry their large recycling donations
directly to the recycling trailer in Salmon parking lot.  We have had
instances of people recycling large numbers of books or whole boxes of paper
when cleaning out closets or offices.  Our bins aren't equipped to hold
those large amounts and our Honors students servicing the recycling bins
aren't equipped to carry large heavy loads.

We don't have dollies or anything like that and many of us are very tiny
female Honors students (smart but not big!) so, PLEASE, continue to recycle
all your plastic and paper, but take it directly to the recycling trailer in
Salmon parking lot!

"Eastern is going green" thanks to all of you!

--rb