[Eoscstudents] Lunch Menus for Mon. Apr. 29 thru Fri. May 3

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 29 10:09:36 CDT 2013

Hi folks,

Can you believe that by the middle of this week it'll be May?  Graduation is just around the corner, definitely a bittersweet time around here.  We're so glad to see all our Sophomores that have successfully completed their requirements here at Eastern, and are ready to take the next step in their education, but yet we want to keep them, too.

The annual Athletic Banquet will be this evening in the Ballroom.  This special event will honor all our student athletes who have worked so hard and put in so much effort this school year, while still having to keep up with their classwork.  It's a big job for our coaches to help keep them all on track academically and athletically, and they are to be commended for their efforts.

The Student Support Services Graduate Luncheon will be Tuesday at 11:30 in the Ballroom.  This is a wonderful program designed to help eligible students achieve their educational goals, by providing tutoring, cultural opportunities, and various helpful workshops to their members.  The SSS staff is a great group of very caring ladies who are willing to do whatever it takes to help their students succeed.  Hats off to you ladies!

The EOSC Book Club will host Reading with an International Flavor Tuesday from 5:00 to 7:00 at the White House on campus.  Eastern's international students and faculty will be serving up great international foods for you to sample, as you learn about other countries and cultures.  It's like getting to travel to another country without the bother of packing, passports and pat downs at the airport!

Also, Tuesday evening, next fall's returning students should get up to the Ballroom and get in their room selections as soon as possible.  Some of you may want to keep your same room, while some of you may have your eye on a prime location being vacated by on of this year's graduates.

Wednesday from 10:00 to 4:00, there will be a Blood Drive in the Ballroom.  You can sign up at the table just outside the Cafeteria.  Be a hero, save a life, give blood!

Very-soon-to-be mom Anne Hester Brooks will be celebrating her birthday on Sunday May 5th, maybe with the help of her baby by then.  Please wish her all the best if you see her.

Don't forget Book Buyback week coming up May 13 to 17.  Take your textbooks back to the Bookstore and get some cash in hand!  Who can't use that?

Lunch menus for the week include:

Monday:  Tacos, Mexican rice, refried beans, green chili corn, cornbread, or steak sandwich with chips, apple cobbler.

Tuesday:  Chicken fried chicken, or chili dogs with fries, mashed potatoes and gravy, assorted vegetables, macaroni and cheese, hot rolls, coconut crunch.

Wednesday:  Pork chops or steak fingers, mashed potatoes and gravy, assorted vegetables, hot rolls, carrot cake.

Thursday:  Chicken parmesan or pizza, assorted vegetables, garlic bread, cheesecake.

Friday:  Fish or hamburgers and fries, scalloped potatoes, assorted vegetables, hush puppies, fudge brownies.

Have a great week at Eastern,

Rhoda