[Eoscstudents] FW: Century Chest

Maria Martinez mmartinez at eosc.edu
Tue Apr 30 08:37:24 CDT 2013

** This email is from the Oklahoma Historical Society regarding more
information about the Century Chest. This will be the last email I send, but
felt it was important for all those who were asking for more information.I
am glad so many are enjoying this project!

Sincerely,

Maria

Mrs. Maria K. Martinez

Director of Library Media Services

Eastern Oklahoma State College

1301 W. Main Street

Wilburton, OK  74578

Office  918.465.1711

Fax  918.465.0112

 <mailto:mmartinez at eosc.edu> mmartinez at eosc.edu

Good Morning,

I'm pleased to let you know that OETA has done it again.they have given of
their time and talents to bring the opening of the First Lutheran Church's
Century Chest to Oklahoman's who may have been unable to witness it's
opening last Monday and to those that wish to look again at the gifts given
to us from our pioneers.

For viewing, there are several ways:  1.  Go to OETA's website, www.oeta.tv;
on the bar across the top, click on 'Videos'; under 'Recent Video' you will
see 'Century Chest, Century Chest Opening Event' to click on; the event will
appear on the screen above; then push the play button.  2.  Use this direct
link on the OETA website which they provided,
http://www.oeta.tv/video/3377.html .  3.  Use OETA's YouTube link which they
provided, http://youtu.be/H4EabXtmsfw .  (On my office computer, I had the
most success using the YouTube link.)

OETA informs me that the audio is a bit variable, there is some delay
between hearing the audio and then seeing the video, and that the actual
opening and unveiling of artifacts begins at 1 hour, 10 minutes.  The video
starts with a test by playing an earlier broadcast of a YouTube video for
about 3 minutes, 15 seconds without audio, then, a still announcement is in
place for about another 5 minutes before you hear the pastor and, within a
few seconds, the video then appears.  During the video, the screen may go to
black or to a previous video as transitions in the event occur such as
speakers/table set-up/etc..

OETA apologized that this video is not their most pristine, but please bear
in mind that OETA came on board at, almost, the 'midnight hour' of this
event.  They applied their skills to use others' equipment in order to 'tie'
into OETA to bring this historic event of 1913 to Oklahomans.and the
world.in 2013!  (Don't you know the Pioneers would just be in awe of such
technological capabilities?)

Enjoy our Pioneers' gifts as they are revealed for the first time after 100
years!

Susan