[Eoscstudents] Daily Menus for Week of Aug. 12 - 16

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 12 09:29:53 CDT 2013

Hi folks!

It's good to see all these new and returning students on campus once again.  It's been pretty quiet this summer, but you can really tell things are getting kicked into gear again this morning.

I think you'll all enjoy some of the new ideas we have for meals in the Cafeteria this semester.  Mildred and Tina have been hunting high and low for new recipes to spice up the menu.

Lunch menus for the week are as follows:

Monday:  Pork cutlets, tater tot casserole, white gravy, steamed Brussels sprouts, baked beans, linguini pasta with browned butter, creamy corn, dinner rolls, variety of cookies.

Tuesday:  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, beefy rice, fried okra, steamed cabbage, steamed baby carrots, dinner rolls, variety of cream pies.

Wednesday:  Chicken fried chicken, oven roasted garlic and herb potatoes, white gravy, macaroni and cheese,  steamed broccoli, turnip greens, seasoned black eyed peas, dinner rolls, strawberry poke cake.

Thursday:  Swiss steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, seasoned green beans, steamed rice with butter, zucchini and tomatoes, winter blend vegetables, dinner rolls, peach cobbler.

Friday:  Goulash, boiled potatoes with butter, steamed Brussels sprouts, corn on the cob, butter beans, fried squash, cornbread, Black Forest cake.

Or if you prefer a burger or other sandwich to our main line selection, check out our Cyber Café menu for lunch.  Try our new cheeseburger wrap!  All the goodness of your favorite cheeseburger wrapped in a convenient tortilla.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Chipped brisket on a bun with chips or hot steak sandwich, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed broccoli, fried squash, cilantro lime rice.

Tuesday:  Stuffed peppers or chili dogs with fries, macaroni and tomatoes, steamed cauliflower, loaded baked potato salad, seasoned green beans, baked beans.

Wednesday:  Hot links with onions and peppers and grilled cheese and tomato soup, potato wedges, English peas with potatoes, steamed seasoned squash, rice pilaf, steamed seasoned spinach.

Thursday:  Pizza and pasta:  Assorted pizzas, baked penne, linguini with pesto sauce, bowties with parmesan garlic.

Friday:  Cyber Café menu.

Have a great semester and come eat with us.  As Mildred says, "We're here to feed your future!"

Rhoda