[Eoscstudents] ATTENTION SSS STUDENTS!!!

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Mon Aug 19 12:43:19 CDT 2013

The message below was sent to all the faculty from the Information
Technology dept.  There is a phishing scam circulating across campus.  If
the message you receive is not from Jeff Weems in the IT department of EOSC,
don't click on the link.  Don't give your password to any one who ask for
it.  Jeff and his staff will never ask for it, so if you get a message that
seems legit, but it asks for your password, delete it.

>From Jeff Weems:

Please do not reply to phishing scams asking about your EOSC webmail
account.  Do not follow links from these kind of emails.  The proper action
would be to just delete the phishing email.

Simple Rules to follow:

.        Eastern will never ask for your email account information - we
already have it.

.        Your account will not be deleted for any reasons..  I.e. inbox to
full, changing email systems.

.        You will never be asked to verify your email account information to
continue using webmail.

.        Never send anyone your account userid or especially your password!

Thanks,

Sue Lovett, Director

Student Support Services