[Eoscstudents] National TRIO Day

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Wed Dec 11 15:26:53 CST 2013

I would like to correct the Eastern Calendar for February, and inform you
that National TRiO Day will be February 12, 2014 instead of February 19.  I
am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

On that day, Student Support Services, your TRiO program, will take our
participants to Oklahoma City and the Capitol for a day of celebration and
support for the Student Support Services, Upward Bound, Upward Bound Math
and Science, Upward Bound Veterans, Educational Opportunity Centers, Talent
Search, and McNair TRiO programs.  TRiO was initiated, or signed into law,
in compliance with Title IV and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
We help low-income, first generation, and disabled students realize their
dreams of a college degree.

Projects from all over the state will be there to hear our legislators,
supporters, and students give testimonials on the success of TRiO programs
in making a difference in the individuals and communities in the state of
Oklahoma. We will go from there to Bricktown for lunch.

If you are a participant of Student Support Services, we would love to
include in the Trip.  You will receive a free tee shirt and lunch.  We will
also meet with the area representatives and senators and they will pose for
pictures with us.  Each student will receive their own autographed copy of
the picture.

Please come to Johnston Hall to our offices on the west end of the building
for more information or to sign up for the trip.  McAlester students may
contact Kinya Meineke on Tuesdays and Thursdays or contact:

Sue Lovett                918-465-1823        slovett at eosc.edu

Kathy Howe             918-465-1860        khowe at eosc.edu

Kinya Meineke        918-465-1822        kmeineke at eosc.edu (alternate number
on McAlester Campus:        918-302-1607)

Cindy Waldrop        918-465-1825        cwaldrop at eosc.edu

Thank you,

Sue Lovett, Director

Student Support Services