[Eoscstudents] Black History Month Speaker TODAY

Greg Warren gwarren at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 27 08:20:58 CST 2013

Faculty, staff & students:

Bruce Fisher, Administrative Program Officer at the Oklahoma Historical
Society, will present our Black History Month lecture on today, February
27th at 1:00 PM in the Johnnie Wray Theatre.  His presentation is entitled
"How We Missed the Boat: Interpreting the African American Experience."

Mr. Fisher earned a Bachelor's degree in History from Langston University
and a Master's degree in History from Texas Southern University.    He has
served as the director of the A. Phillip Randolph Institute in Houston,
Texas and as the Director of the JFK Project Area Committee in Oklahoma
City.  He has also served as Assistant Secretary of State of Oklahoma and
Director of Institutional Advancement at Langston University.  Mr. Fisher is
on the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and
Substance Abuse and the Loretta Jackson Historical Society.  He is a
founding member of the Oklahoma African American Educators Hall of Fame and
is a member of the Oklahoma Historical Society Black Heritage Committee.

This is sure to be an enlightening presentation and an important learning
opportunity for our students.  I look forward to seeing you there.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Greg Warren

Dean of Students/Athletic Director

Eastern Oklahoma State College

1301 West Main