[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Jan. 28 to Fri. Feb. 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 28 09:26:33 CST 2013

Hi folks,

The big news around the Cafeteria today is that Susie Smith's grandbaby was born this morning!  Joseph Robert Lee Laudero arrived at 4:06 a.m., weighing 7 lbs. 2 oz., and measuring 19.6" long.  Sydney, Joe and baby are doing fine.  After the all night process of being born, the baby was the only one looking like he wanted to be awake in the pictures Susie showed me.  Susie is actually at work today, though.  (Still running on adrenaline, I suspect.  We'll probably find her crashed out in a corner sometime today.)  Congratulations to the new family!

The P.A.S.S. Club (Psychology and Sociology majors) will have a Stress Awareness table in the Cafeteria Tuesday and Wednesday of this week from 11:00 to 1:00, so be sure and drop by and visit with them during your lunch break on one of those days.

Tuesday, our Mountaineers Basketball team will take on the University of the Ozarks team in the Fieldhouse, and Thursday evening, both the Mountaineers and Lady Mountaineers will take on Murray State, also here in Eastern's Fieldhouse.  Get out and cheer on our teams!

Our Lunch menus for this week include:

Monday:  Chicken alfredo, green beans, corn, bread sticks, baked potato bar, earthquake cake.

Tuesday:  Pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, cabbage, blackeyed peas, macaroni and tomatoes, hot rolls or cornbread, blackberry cobbler.

Wednesday:  Smoked sausage with potatoes, peppers & onions, corn on the cob, baked beans, hot rolls, banana pudding.

Thursday:  Chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli with cheese sauce, fried okra, biscuits, apple cobbler.

Friday:  Spaghetti with meat sauce, chicken salad subs wtih chips, green beans, meadow blend vegetables, garlic bread, assorted cookies.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Beef stew, grilled cheese sandwiches, frito chili pie, vegetable bar, ice cream with toppings.

Tuesday:  Chicken enchiladas, refried beans, Mexican rice, or hot ham and cheese, fries, ice cream with toppings.

Wednesday:  Pizza and pasta bar, assorted vegetables, bread sticks, ice cream and toppings.

Thursday:  Beef pot pie, or steak sandwich with fries, assorted vegetables, homemade cinnamon rolls.

Friday:  Cyber Cafe.

(Remember, our deep fryer is down, so any fried foods listed will only be available after the fryer is repaired.)

Have a great week at Eastern,
Rhoda