[Eoscstudents] FW: [Eoscall] REVISED Homecoming Activities

Kayla Satoris ksatoris at eosc.edu
Wed Oct 23 14:15:30 CDT 2013

 Dear Faculty and Staff,

As you all know Homecoming is rapidly approaching and I'm excited to share
what has been planned with you. You will note about the line that reads
"Eastern Alumni, Friends & Family Weekend." We are taking a different
approach to Homecoming this year to encourage the parents and friends of our
students to join us for the weekend and experience what it means to be a
"Mountaineer Forever."

DECORATION MONDAY - The campus comes to life with Blue and Gold to show our
Mountaineer Spirit. Departments are encouraged to decorate their office for
Homecoming..it is a friendly competition so pull out that creative side of
your department to show your Mountaineer Spirit. There will be a prize
awarded to the best decorated department provided by the EOSC Foundation.
Decorating reminder - please do not use tape on the walls or doors. If your
office has a window next to the entry (i.e. Library first floor) you can
decorate the glass. Please let the Institutional Advancement office know
that you are decorating so the judges can check out your spirit.

SHOW YOUR COLORS - We encourage you to dress in Blue and Gold during
Homecoming Week. On Decoration Monday and Spirit Friday, you can wear the
official Homecoming T-shirt and jeans. The T-shirts are $10 each and an
order form is attached.

On Halloween you can also express your individuality by dressing up for the
day or have theme characters for your department.

In recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month you can wear jeans Tuesday,
Wednesday and Thursday for a $15 donation to benefit Oklahoma Project Woman
(an organization that provides comprehensive breast care to under-served
women).

HOMECOMING SHOWCASE - Every year we have several alumni ask what is
happening on campus and what clubs exist on campus in which students
participate. To answer this question - we would love to have clubs and
divisions create a display that could be placed in the Student Center that
highlights what is taking place at EOSC. This display would be up through
the Alumni Happy Hour and during the Mountaineer Cookout. It would also be
great if someone could man the display during those time periods to answer
any questions.

Friday, November 1

ALUMNI HAPPY HOUR & REGISTRATION - We will have a happy hour in the Student
Center beginning at 4:30 p.m. This will be a great time for our alumni to
meet new and old friends prior to Homecoming Award Dinner. I encourage our
faculty and staff alumni to participate in this event.

HOMECOMING AWARDS DINNER - This year we are recognizing Distinguished Former
Faculty - Bill Miller, Heritage Award - Forwoodson Family, Outstanding Young
Alumnus - Bradley Boles and EOSC Alumni Association Hall of Fame Inductee -
Dr. Delana Taylor McNac. The dinner begins at 6 p.m. Cost is $35. We will
hold the annual Alumni Association Meeting at the very end of the dinner (I
promise the meeting part will not take very long.).

Saturday, November 2

MOUNTAINEER COFFEE & MEET THE PRESIDENT - Join us downtown at Talbot's
Flower Shop event room prior to the parade to visit with alumni, friends and
parents. Dr. Smith will be at the coffee, giving participants the
opportunity to "Meet the President."

HOMECOMING PARADE - Come out on November 2 at 11 a.m. to cheer on the parade
participants in downtown Wilburton. We have made a few changes. Parade
entries will begin the line-up process on Ada Avenue with the first entry
beginning at the corner of Main and NE 2nd Street. Entries will need to be
checked in at the United Methodist Church by 10:15 a.m. Roy's Cardinal Food
store is sponsoring the parade and we will be handing out prize money to the
winning entries this year.

MOUNTAINEER COOKOUT - Following the parade, the annual Mountaineer Cookout
will take place in the Amphitheatre beginning at Noon. This gives alumni,
friends and parents another opportunity to visit and cheer on the
participants competing in the lawn games.

NURSING REUNION - 2013 marks 40 years of nurses graduating from our
outstanding nursing program.  Many graduates will gather in the Ballroom
beginning at Noon to visit and catch-up on how EOSC nursing has evolved over
the 40 years.  Gunning will also be open for them revisit and reflect on
their time at EOSC.

MOUNTAINEER BASKETBALL - Basketball season tips off with the Lady
Mountaineers taking the court at 3 p.m. and the Mountaineers follow at
approximately 5:30 p.m. Both teams will play East Texas Flight.

HOMECOMING CORONATION - The Homecoming King and Queen will be crowned
between the basketball games.

If you have any questions regarding Homecoming activities contact the Office
of Institutional Advancement, ext. 759.