[Eoscstudents] SSS Participants Only!

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Thu Oct 31 14:01:56 CDT 2013

The list for Grant Aid Scholarships is available in my office, Room 115 in
Johnston Hall.  To be considered you MUST come by and sign up.  Students
taking classes away from the Wilburton Campus may call me at 918-465-1823 or
e-mail me at slovett at eosc.edu.  The deadline for applying is November 15.
At that time, the list will be sent to Financial Aid to determine who will
qualify for the grant.

Students who qualify will:

1.    Be a recipient of the Pell grant.

2.    Have an unmet need of at least $582.

3.    Be active members of the Student Support Services project.

4.    Completed the required workshops.

5.    Be in at least the second semester since joining the project.

Also considered:

6.    Maintaining a 2.0 GPA.

Normally, GPA is not considered in determining who will receive the grant,
but we want to give the money to students who are serious about their
education, so, in case there are too many students who qualify for the
amount of money we have to give, we will look at GPA and also, how many
contacts we have with a student.

If you have not completed the workshops for Ms. Kathy or Ms. Kinya, you
still have time.  They will be available for you for the next two weeks,
(until November 15).  After that time, you can still do the workshops, but
it will be too late for this semester's scholarship.  However, you can get
them done and be ready for next semester's Grant Aid.  Contact Ms. Kathy at
918-465-1860 or Ms. Kinya at 918-1822.  Ms. Kinya is also available on the
McAlester campus on Tuesday and Thursdays.  Their respective e-mails are:
khowe at eosc.edu and kmieneke at eosc.edu.

Thank you,

Sue Lovett, Director

Student Support Services