[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Apr. 28 thru Fri. May 2

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 28 10:19:36 CDT 2014

Hi folks,

I hope everyone made it through the wild weather yesterday all in one piece.  I don't know what it did anywhere else, but we got some fair sized hail at my house two different times yesterday.  (Right after I put out tomato plants the evening before.)  I guess we got off light compared to some areas though.

It's hard to believe that graduation is already less than two weeks away!  Time flies, doesn't it?

There will be a PASS Club meeting, (Psychology and Social Sciences), today from 11:30 to 1:00 in the President's Dining Room in the Student Center.  All club members who don't have a class at that time are encouraged to attend.  (Bring your own lunch.)

The Athletic Banquet will be this evening at 6:00 in the Ballroom.   This annual event celebrates all our student athletes and their achievements.

Wednesday, there will be a Blood Drive in the north half of the Ballroom from 10:00 to 2:30.  With tornado season upon us, a good supply of blood is vital to help meet any emergency situations that may arise.

The Student Support Services Graduates luncheon will also be on Wednesday at  11:00 in the South half of the Ballroom.  This is a wonderful program that provides invaluable assistance to students who may be having a challenging time achieving their goal of a college education.

There will be a Building Monitor meeting Thursday at 11:00 in Mitchell 206.  All building monitors or a representative are encouraged to attend.

On Thursday evening, music director Brandon Hendrix and his wonderful performers will present the annual Spring Concert in the Johnnie Wray Theatre at 7:00.  Many of us on campus were privileged to hear at least part of this group once or twice last week when they performed at the Administrative Professionals Luncheon and again at the Employee Recognition Reception.  They did a wonderful job both times, and I'm sure they will again.

Friday and Saturday at 7:00 p.m., EOSC's Theatre Department under the direction of Sarah Klocke and Marshall Carby will present Neil Simon's comedy, Rumors.  A final performance will be Sunday at 2:00.  "This is a fast-paced, high-energy comedy with lots of physical humor", says Carby.  Admission is $5 for the public, and free to any EOSC student, staff or faculty.

Belated birthday wishes go out to Kayla Satoris, Cheer Sponsor and Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Students, who celebrated her big day last Friday, (and possibly all weekend!)  And I also want to wish a wonderful first birthday to Miss Amelia Anne Brooks, daughter of McAlester campus director, Anne Brooks and husband Daniel.  Amelia will celebrate her big day on Thursday, May 1, and I bet it will be spectacular!

Lunch menus for the week include;

Monday:  Hard or soft shell tacos with all the fixings, red beans, cornbread, cilantro lime rice, green chili cheesy corn, and cream cheese swirl brownies.

Tuesday:  Hamburger steaks with onions, peppers and brown gravy, dinner rolls, assorted vegetables, and fresh apple cake.

Wednesday:  Chicken Alfredo, assorted vegetables, and mint chocolate cake.

Thursday:  Chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner rolls, baked beans, assorted vegetables, and Oreo cheesecake.

Friday:  Chili cheese dogs or grilled chicken sandwiches, French fries or chips, pinto beans, and cookies.

Dinner menus for the week include:

Monday:  Chicken tetrazzini or corn dogs with fries, assorted veggies, ice cream.

Tuesday:  Patty melts of cheeseburgers with tater tots or chips, assorted veggies, ice cream.

Wednesday:  Pork fried rice with egg rolls or steak melts with curly fries, assorted veggies, ice cream.

Thursday:  Salisbury steaks or chicken melts with chips, assorted veggies.

Friday:  Cyber Café menu.

Have a great week at Eastern,

Rhoda