[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Feb. 10 thru Fri. Feb. 14 Valentine's Day!

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Feb 10 10:00:04 CST 2014

Hi folks,

I hope you all made it through the cold weekend.  With temperatures hovering around or below the freezing mark, you never can tell what kind of surprises await you each day, from frozen pipes, to slick roads, to having to break into your own car the way I did this morning.  All that mist that fell yesterday evening had run into the grooves and frozen my car door shut!   Good thing I had something handy to help pry it open!

Our Nursing Students are having a basket raffle to help fund their pinning ceremony.  They have two wonderful gift baskets ready to go to some lucky winners on Tuesday.  Tickets are one for $3 or 2 for $5.00.  The baskets are valued at $400.00 and $150.00, and contain some wonderful stuff including certificates for dinner for two from Isle of Capri, manicures, pedicures, a massage, Bath and Body Works, Scentsy, various other tempting items, and tons of candy!  If you want to have a chance to win one of these terrific baskets, contact one of the Nursing Students for tickets.  They can be found in Gunning Hall and will be more than happy to sell you some tickets.

There will be a Staff Council meeting Tuesday at 2:00 in the Library Conference Room.  Everyone is invited to attend.

Birthdays for the week include Political Science Professor, Carter Mattson, on Wed., and Computer Services Developer, Chris Ames, who gets to celebrate his big day every year on Valentine's Day!

Lunch menus for the week include:

Monday:  Chicken spaghetti, green beans, red potatoes, fried okra, Catalina blend vegetables, carrots, hot rolls, poke cake.  Soup of the day:  Broccoli and cheese.

Tuesday:  Hamburger steaks, mashed potatoes and brown gravy, corn, Monterrey blend vegetables, black eyed peas, cabbage, hot rolls, Coca Cola cake.  Soup of the day:  Tomato and roasted garlic.

Wednesday:  Beef enchiladas, pinto beans, cornbread, Mexican rice, corn on the cob, Tuscan blend, cherry cheesecake.  Soup of the day:   Minestrone.

Thursday:  Grilled or chicken fried chicken sandwich on Kaiser rolls, curly fries, baked beans, steamed broccoli, corn, buttered noodles, assorted cookies.  Soup of the day;  Chicken gumbo.

Friday:  Baked lemon pepper tilapia, rice pilaf, carrots, fried squash, steamed spinach, brownies.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Hot steak sandwich over toast, or chicken melt with chips, loaded baked potato casserole, vegetable blend, steamed cauliflower, penne pasta with butter and garlic.

Tuesday:  Oven fried chicken, or bagel dogs with fries, steamed potatoes with butter, fried okra, macaroni and cheese, Catalina blend vegetables.

Wednesday:  Valentine's Menu!  Ribeye steaks, baked potatoes with all the fixings, Texas toast, salad, cherry cream cheese pie.

Thursday:  Kielbasa with potatoes, onions and peppers, or pulled pork sandwich with fries, fried squash, sweet potatoes and apples, sauerkraut.

Friday:  Steak fingers and or chicken strips with gravy and Texas toast.

Have a Happy Valentine's Week at Eastern!

Rhoda