[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Jan. 27 thru Fri. Jan. 31

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 27 09:26:38 CST 2014

Hi folks,

I hope you all got to spend some quality time outdoors this past weekend, as the weather was great.  This week, however, is predicted to be pretty chilly once again.  We're starting to have more daylight in the evenings (when we can use it), but winter's not over yet.  Look for highs in the 30s several days, and the low on Tuesday night is predicted to be about 8 degrees!  Make sure and take appropriate precautions for that sort of weather.  If you have pets that have to remain outside, please see that they have  sufficient shelter and bedding to protect them from the cold.

Tuesday at 2:00, there will be a Staff Council meeting in the Library Conference Room.  Everyone is invited to attend.

Wednesday, Eastern will host a special presentation on the topic of Water in Oklahoma, as part of the Julian J. Rothbaum Lectureship series.  This educational program is meant to raise awareness on the subject of water in Oklahoma, one of our most precious natural resources, and will cover its management, access, conservation and quality.  The program will begin at 10:30 a.m. in Mitchell Auditorium, and is FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

Lunch menus for the week include:

Monday:  Spaghetti with meat sauce, steamed broccoli, fried okra, baby carrots, Lima beans, seasoned rice, garlic bread sticks, Oreo cheesecake.  Soup of the day:  Broccoli cheese.

Tuesday:  Cube steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green beans, cauliflower with cheese sauce, hot rolls, lemon delight.  Soup of the day:  Gumbo.

Wednesday:  Chicken cacciatore, buttered potatoes, fried squash, meadow blend vegetables, rice pilaf, hot rolls, earthquake cake.  Soup of the day:  Tomato.

Thursday:  Indian tacos, pinto beans, steamed cabbage, winter blend vegetables, seasoned rice, cornbread, apple cobbler.  Soup of the day:  Cheesy potato.

Friday:  Chicken and dumplings or chili dogs, English peas, baby red skin potatoes, corn, Monterrey blend vegetables, biscuits, assorted cookies.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Hot steak sandwich on Texas toast or Frito chili pie, baby red skin mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, green beans, corn on the cob, ice cream with toppings.

Tuesday:  Cajun chicken linguine or patty melt with chips, steamed broccoli, Capri blend vegetables, zucchini and tomatoes, ice cream with toppings.

Wednesday:  Fajitas or chicken wraps, refried beans, Spanish rice, corn, baked potato bar, ice cream with toppings.

Thursday:  Breakfast bar with cheesy ham and eggs, hash browns, gravy, French toast sticks, biscuits, or deli sandwiches with chips, ice cream with toppings.

Friday:  Cyber menu.

Have a great week at Eastern,
Rhoda