[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. July 21 thru Fri. July 25

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jul 21 10:10:28 CDT 2014

Hi folks,

What a July we've had so far, with actual cool weather and even rain!  That is just unheard of in this part of the country at this time of year!  Sadly, I believe it will be coming to an end this week when we get back up into the 90s for our daytime temperatures.  It was certainly nice while it lasted!

The Church of Christ Singing School Camp is in session on our campus this week.  This camp has been coming to Eastern for a number of years and we always enjoy having them.

Several of you will be glad to hear that the Cafeteria will be serving  main line meals this week.  We have just been having the Cyber Café open this summer, so this will be a nice change for those of you who prefer the "home cooking" type meal to the fast food menu.

Lunch menu for this week are as follows:

Monday:  Chicken Alfredo or rigatoni with garlic bread sticks, corn, fried okra, baby carrots, cheesecake and salad bar.

Tuesday:  Chicken strips or steak fingers with mashed potatoes and gravy, dinner rolls, steamed spinach, black eyed peas, steamed vegetable blend, strawberry cake and salad bar.

Wednesday:  Sloppy Joes or hot steak sandwich with brown gravy, roasted potatoes, BBQ beans, fried squash, steamed broccoli, salad bar and brownies.

Thursday:  Spaghetti with meatballs or meatball subs with curly fries, garlic bread, roasted corn on the cob, green beans, steamed winter mix, carrot cake and salad bar.

Friday:  Hot dogs, hot links or smoked sausage, Build Your Own Dog Day with sauerkraut, spicy mustard, onions, relish, etc., chips potato salad or cole slaw, cookies, or chicken salad sandwich or croissant.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Chicken fajitas or beef tacos or nachos, guacamole (on salad bar), cilantro lime rice, black beans, pinto beans, corn bread green chili cheese corn.

Tuesday:  Pork chops with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy or BBQ beef sandwich, potato salad or chips, Brussels sprouts, lima beans, roasted corn on the cob, dinner rolls or bread.

Wednesday:  Baked chicken breast or pulled pork sandwich with potato salad or cole slaw, rice pilaf, green beans, steamed carrots, fried squash, dinner rolls or bread.

Thursday:  Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes, or grilled chicken breast with wild rice, steamed cabbage, steamed vegetable blend, fried okra, dinner rolls or bread.

Friday:  Apricot chicken or pork fried rice with eggrolls, white rice, carrots, steamed broccoli.

Have a great week at Eastern!
Rhoda