[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Mar. 10 thru Fri. Mar. 14

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 10 09:28:49 CDT 2014

Hi folks,

I hope everyone remembered to "spring forward" this past weekend.  If not, I bet you got a nasty surprise this morning when you came in for work or class an hour late!

I know everyone's looking forward to Spring Break next week.  I'm hoping for good weather for the week off.  I don't have any plans to go anywhere, just have lots of things I need to get done.

Today at 1:00 there will be a special Women's History Month speaker in the Johnnie Wray Theatre, sponsored by Ruth Brelsford's Honor Students.  Rev. Tori Butler, chaplain of Wiley College in Marshall, TX, will present "Invisible to Visible:  The Impact of Women in Ministry"  The presentation is free and open to the public.

Very Happy Birthday wishes go out today to Prof. Pat Bolin-Ratliff, aka "The Bug Lady".  Please wish her a great day if you see her.

Lunch menus for the week include:

Monday:  Baked ham, mashed potatoes, hot rolls, green beans, macaroni and cheese, corn, California blend vegetables, Coca Cola cake.  Soup of the day:  Creamy potato/vegetable.

Tuesday:  Chicken cacciatore, roasted potatoes, hot rolls, fried okra, penne pasta with garlic, Scandinavian blend vegetables, steamed broccoli, poke cake.  Soup of the day:  Minnesota wild rice soup.

Wednesday:  Baked pork chops, stuffing, hot rolls, Monterey blend vegetables, steamed carrots, steamed cabbage, black-eyed peas, chocolate delight.  Soup of the day:  Cheesy broccoli soup.

Thursday:  Goulash, mashed potatoes, fried squash, steamed spinach, red beans and cornbread, banana pudding.  Soup of the day:  To be announced.

Friday:  BBQ sandwich or fish sandwich with chips or curly fries, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, assorted cookies.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Hard shell tacos or nacho supreme with all the fixings, red beans, Spanish rice, green chili corn, fried okra.

Tuesday:  Chicken fried steak or cold deli bar with chips, mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed spinach, broccoli rice casserole, carrots.

Wednesday:  Sloppy Joes or crispitos with French fries, brown buttered noodles, green beans, fried squash.

Thursday:  Spaghetti or meatball subs with fries, garlic bread, corn on the cob, Catalina blend vegetables, peas with potatoes.

Friday:  Cyber menu.

Have a great week at Eastern and a great Spring Break!

Rhoda