[Eoscstudents] Menus for Mon. Oct. 27 thru Fri. Oct. 31

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Oct 27 09:29:15 CDT 2014

Hi folks,

Wasn't the weather great this weekend?  It sure didn't feel like the end of October!  I'm hoping for more of that.

There is a Blood Drive going on in the Ballroom today and tomorrow, so try to get by and see if you're a potential donor.  Donors will receive a FREE T-shirt, while supplies last, get free health screenings, and receive donor points.   Save a life, give blood.

Thursday evening, Eastern will host the annual Trunk or Treat Carnival, for kids of all ages.  There will be lots of fun things to do, and lots of candy to be had.  The fun starts at 4:30 and goes until 6:30, so get on your best costume and come to Eastern for all the fun you can handle!  You might even win the Boo Parade!

Our campus Chief of Police, Bryan Denny, will host a Sexual Assault Awareness/Campus Brown Bag lunch for Faculty and Staff in the President's Dining Room on Fri. Oct. 31.   Bring a lunch or get a to go lunch from the Cafeteria and attend this informative 30-40 minute presentation.  It's better to have this knowledge and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Campus birthdays this week include:   Computer Services Dept. Programmer/Analyst, Julie Moss, celebrates her birthday on Thursday, as does Leon Hanebrink, our Farm Hand, and on Sat. Nov. 1, Custodian Paula Ogden will celebrate her birthday.  Please wish all these fine folks a great day if you see them on campus.

And don't forget (even thought I'd like to), this weekend we "Fall Back" into regular time, instead of Daylight Savings Time, so we'll get an extra hour of sleep, but lose a lot of our daylight after class and work.

Lunch menus for this week include:

Monday:  Pizza and chicken tetrazzini, garlic bread sticks, corn on the cob, steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes, vegetable blend, peach cobbler.

Tuesday:  Baked pork chops, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, steamed carrots, steamed rice, dinner rolls, Oreo cheesecake.

Wednesday:  Meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy, fried okra, red beans and corn bread, macaroni and cheese, dinner rolls, chocolate cake with cream cheese icing.

Thursday:  Baked chicken breast, steamed red potatoes, broccoli rice casserole, black eye peas, Monterey blend vegetables, fried squash, dinner rolls, brownies.

Friday:  Fish and shrimp with hush puppies, pinto beans, corn nuggets, rice pilaf, steamed broccoli, coconut cake.

Dinner menus include:

Monday:  Oven fried chicken, or chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, baked beans, wild rice, winter blend vegetables, fried okra.

Tuesday:  Hamburgers or chicken strips, fries, macaroni and tomatoes, steamed corn, fried zucchini, vegetable blend.

Wednesday:  Cheesy ham and potato bake or chicken nuggets with hot rolls, steamed broccoli, garlic buttered bow tie pasta, steamed carrots, BBQ beans.

Thursday:  Corn dogs, bagel dogs, or chili dogs, with waffle fries or chips, macaroni and cheese, corn, baked potatoes, green beans.

Friday:  Rib sandwich or chicken strips with mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetable blend, buttered noodles, steamed spinach, carrots.

Have a great week at Eastern!
Rhoda