[Eoscstudents] Fall Semester Theatre Courses

Klocke Sarah sklocke at eosc.edu
Wed Apr 15 15:34:12 CDT 2015

Hello
All,

Now that
we’re in enrollment season, I thought you might be interested in what the
theatre program has to offer. I’m quite
excited for the fall semester!

SPCH-1203-8503 Voice
and Diction is
offered during the fall semester (2:10-3:30pm T/Th.) This 3 hour course is especially beneficial for
students who wish to pursue a career in broadcast journalism, sales, education,
performance, public relations, evangelism, or politics. In this course, students learn to recognize
and correct regional vocal habits that may interfere with communication.

Students
will:

 Learn ear training techniques

 Recognize and correct frequently
mispronounced words

 Gain tools to cope with
nervousness

 Explore the nature of sound and
its use in the speech process

The
theatre program is also offering Acting
1 and Stagecraft this fall. There are no prerequisites for these 3
courses and students don’t have to be a theatre major to participate or take
classes in the department.

Please feel free to ask me questions about our department. I'm always happy to chat.

Sarah Klocke, MFA
Speech Department Chair
Heard of Theatre
Eastern Oklahoma State College