[Eoscstudents] Commencement Weather Preparation PLEASE READ!

Bryan Denny bdenny at eosc.edu
Fri May 8 10:56:34 CDT 2015

Greetings Eastern Family,

As we prepare for another commencement to celebrate the achievements of our students we must remember to keep safety in mind.  While the current forecast does not indicate the likelihood of severe weather today, I want to provide this information so we will be prepared if that changes.  During the reception and picnic at the student center, should a weather emergency (such as a tornado threat) arise, we will direct people to the bottom floor restroom area of the Student Center as well as overflow to the lower levels of both Johnston and Gunning Halls as directed by Campus Police.  During the Commencement exercise should a similar threat arise, we will evacuate all persons from the field house sending those on the south side bleachers to Choctaw Hall, the north side bleachers to Baker Hall, and all of those persons in the lobby and floor areas will evacuate to Johnston Hall (All First Floor).  Again Campus Police will be on hand to provide direction and assist with evacuations.  Thank you for your time and Congratulations to our Class of 2015!

--

Bryan E. Denny M.S.

COP Director/Criminal Justice Chair/Chief of Police

Eastern Oklahoma State College

Phone:  918-465-1755

Fax:      918-465-4494