[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. April 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Apr 22 11:02:33 CDT 2016

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone!  Today's the day to do something good for the one
and only planet we'll ever have (unless some of those science fiction movies
are onto something).  If you're not already doing so, you might start
recycling.  It's easy to start with paper, or #1 & 2 plastic.  On campus,
there are blue recycling bins and Shred It containers in most buildings.
Just make sure to collect your recyclables and make a run to the container a
regular part of your routine.  Or you might want to plant a tree for future
generations to enjoy, some flower seeds to bloom in a few weeks, or maybe a
garden for some great fresh eating this summer .  My daughter and I planted
some flower seeds in a couple of containers on her porch recently and a
couple of days ago she sent me pictures of baby seedlings that will be
zinnias and other flowers before too long.  We're so proud!  The jury's
still out on whether or not the strawberry crowns are dormant or dead, but
we're hoping.

It's going to be another long day here in the Cafeteria, with the Wilburton
High School Academic banquet this evening at 6:00 in the Ballroom.  After
three days of special events, we're really ready for a weekend!

Our Lunch menu for today includes:

Country fried steak, beef rice dish, fried catfish, mashed potatoes and
gravy, home fried potatoes, peas and carrots, corn on the cob, fries,
grilled cheese.  Burgers, subs, waffles, pizza.  Dessert:  Apple, cherry or
peach cobbler.

Dinner:

BBQ beef sandwich, hot dog bar, crispitos, white rice, macaroni and cheese,
veggie blend, fried potato cubes, chef's choice on grill. Dessert.

Have a great weekend,

Rhoda