[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Fri. April 29

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Apr 29 10:48:32 CDT 2016

Hi folks,

I'm REALLY glad it's stopped raining, at least for a while.  When I came in
this morning, it was raining as if it was monsoon season, making it
impossible to see the road for any more than a very few feet in front of the
headlights.  Windshield wipers don't have a setting to cover what it was
doing at that hour.  They were on high and doing almost no good at all.
Then when I got to work, I thought I was going to have to commandeer a boat
to get into the building, since I don't swim.  I was surprised that we
actually had some students swim in for breakfast!

At 2:00 today in the Ballroom, Eastern will announce a major gift today in
honor of former president E. E. Tourtellotte, seventh president of the then
Oklahoma School of Mines and Metallurgy.   The event is open to the public.

Don't forget this evening's collaborative concert, the Big Gig, with Eastern
Expressions and the Crowder Revolution at 7:00 in Mitchell Auditorium.  It
should be some great music for the very affordable price of nothing at all.
Donations will be gratefully accepted, though, to divide between the bands.

Or if you're feeling lucky, you could go to the EOSC Agriculture Barn Bash.
The $50 ticket price includes admission for two to the BBQ dinner, dance,
with music provided by the Bo Phillips Band, and prize drawings.  Only 500
tickets will be sold and the 500th ticket drawn will win a Polaris Ranger!
Tickets can be purchased by contacting any Agriculture faculty member, or
call 918-465-1724.   Proceeds from the event will benefit the Small Animal
Complex.

Our Lunch menu for today includes:

Breaded chicken breast, beef ravioli, fried shrimp, loaded mashed potatoes,
pinto beans, green beans, oriental vegetables, grilled cheese, fries.
Burgers, subs, waffles, pizza.  Soup:  Chicken noodle soup.  Dessert:
Chocolate delight, cookies.

Dinner:

Philly steak sandwich, cheeseburger macaroni, fish sandwich, fries, green
beans, cauliflower, corn nuggets, hot dogs with chili, chips, dessert.

Have a great weekend,

Rhoda