[Eoscstudents] Monthly Safety Email November 2017

Alton Jones ajones725 at eosc.edu
Wed Nov 8 17:51:19 CST 2017

As we are all aware cooler weather is finally here.  For a lot of Southeast
Oklahoman's, autumn is the season we look forward to the most.  Finally,
Deer Season!  Here are a few tips for all outdoorsmen and women:

- Know what you are hunting for.

- Receive permission on the property you plan to hunt.

- Check that all equipment (i.e. bows, guns, stands, atv’s, etc.) are
maintained and functioning properly.

- Let someone know where you plan on hunting, hiking, camping or fishing
and how they can get there.  If possible do not go out alone.

- Always were the legal amount of safety orange clothing (even if you are
not hunting, there may be others that are and mistake you for game)

- Know what you are shooting at ( always identify your target and what is
beyond your target)

- Properly dispose of any carcasses

- Stay hydrated

- Unload your weapons in a safe direction prior to stowing it in your
vehicle.

- Always plan for the worst.  Have a basic survival kit with you.

- ENSURE your phone is charged and waterproofed.

Enjoy this nice cool weather, be safe, and good luck.

--
v/r

Alton L. Jones
Campus Police Chief