[Eoscstudents] Science and Math Graduation Party AND Zoology Presentations* this Thursday!

Patricia Ratliff pratliff at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 30 16:00:56 CDT 2018

Our annual party for the Science and Math Division graduates will be this
Thursday May 3 at 12:00 noon in Sullivan Hall Room 102, and you are all
invited! Great food, conversation, and student awards will be a part of the
festivities. This year you will also get to hear the Zoology student
research presentations* while you eat! This semester's research topics:

   - How low can you go: The effects of pH on Daphnia (a tiny aquatic
   crustacean)
   - I'm just not a morning person: How light affects tunneling by red
   harvester ants
   - There's no accounting for taste: Analyzing the taste preferences
   exhibited by red wiggler worms
   - Should I attack or should I eat, what to do, what to do: Measuring
   aggression while feeding in male betta fish

*There were conflicts with softball and baseball games on Tuesday when our
zoology presentations were originally scheduled. Hopefully if you were
planning to come, you can still come on Thursday instead!

See you there!
--pat--

--
Patricia C. Bolin Ratliff, Ph.D.
Professor of Zoology, Biology Dept. Chair