[Eoscstudents] READ THIS EMAIL: Photography and Graphic Arts courses

Kristen Turner kturner at eosc.edu
Tue Nov 5 11:37:07 CST 2019

The Mass Communication department always offers exciting, creative, and fun
courses and next semester is no different.

This spring, we are offering courses in Photography and Graphic Arts on top
of our Video Production and News Editing courses. All of our courses are
hands-on courses in which students will gain skills using state of the art
editing and publishing programs.

I have copied the Mass Communication schedule below. Remember, you do not
have to be a major to take any of these courses. Please contact me if you
have any questions.

*MCOMM 1103 (14153) Fundamentals of Photography, *Wilburton Campus, TTh
1-2:15 p.m.

Study of the fundamentals of photography for the beginning student
interested in gaining a familiarization with photography and for the
hobbyist. History of photography with laboratory assignments.

*MCOMM 1203 (14189) Graphic Arts for the Media*, Wilburton Campus, TTh
9:45-11

Introduction to creative and practical aspects of designing and preparing
materials for print and digital media. Includes design, layout, typography
and illustrations for preparing newspaper, magazine, and advertising
materials for various print processes.

*MCOMM 2103 (14150) Video Production II*, Wilburton Campus, MW 11:15-12:30

Theory and practice of television studio production. This course provides a
basic understanding of studio television with emphasis placed on
multi-camera operation, broadcast script-writing, on-camera performance and
television production requirements.

*MCOMM 2113 (14151) News Editing*, Wilburton Campus, MW 1-2:15

Theory of news selection, preparation and display, emphasis on the
responsibility of the editor. Critical thinking skills, ethics and good
taste are emphasized. Lectures, discussions, and laboratory work on the
college newspaper.

--
Kristen E. Turner
Professor of Mass Communication, English and Speech