[Eoscstudents] Mass Comm Classes

Kristen Turner kturner at eosc.edu
Thu Jul 16 09:40:40 CDT 2020

We have many exciting courses in the Mass Communication Department that
some of you may be interested in taking. While we do have a Mass Comm
degree, you do not have to be a major to take any of these classes.

*MCOMM 1101 Publication Production* - (T 11:15-12:30) - This class produces
our student newspaper. There are several roles for students interested in
writing, photography, web design, video production, or social media
management. The AP Stylebook is the required textbook for this course. It
is under $30.

*MCOMM 1103 Fundamentals of Photography* (ONLINE) - I am excited to
announce that we are offering this course ONLINE for the first time. This
course is the study of the fundamentals of photography for the beginning
student interested in gaining a familiarization with photography and for
the hobbyist. No textbook is required with this course.

*MCOMM 1113 Introduction to Mass Communication* (ONLINE) - This is a very
interesting course that gives you an overall view of the mass media and how
society is affected. This course is a general education elective for many
majors. This course uses a FREE open resource textbook.

*MCOMM 1223 Video Production I* (MW 11:15-12:30) - This is a great course
if you want to learn the theory and practice of basic video production
techniques in television and post-production. This course uses a textbook
that is available with Cengage Unlimited, so if you already have Unlimited
or are taking another course with Unlimited, you will not have to pay extra
for the ebook.

I hope to see some of you in our classroom. Please email me if you have any
questions concerning any of these classes.

--
Kristen E. Turner
Professor of Mass Communication, English and Speech