[Eoscstudents] Blackboard App and Internet Access Points

Kellye Semeski ksemeski at eosc.edu
Sun Mar 29 17:12:52 CDT 2020

Students: Faculty and administration are working hard to ensure students
have access to all of your courses. We understand that having adequate
internet access and/or no computer is a concern for many. The Blackboard app
<https://help.blackboard.com/Blackboard_App/Quick_Start#install-app-and-log-in_OTP-1>
might
be a solution to help during this transition if you find you only have a
phone from which to work. To help with internet access, many businesses are
offering free WIFI access points
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UuiG0pAHo2Yh8qJTTiGcFmeFMWHwdRVrG8JbYTd20pk/edit?usp=sharing>.
I realize this is not ideal, but it is a workaround for those that need it.

The Blackboard app is free and provides an intuitive way for you to
interact with courses, content, instructors, and other students. You might
find the app is more user friendly when working from a cell phone or
tablet. In the Blackboard app, you can perform these tasks:

   - View course items and course announcements
   - Take assignments and tests
   - Participate in discussions
   - Stay up to date on your academic progress and requirements

View the video *Introducing the Blackboard App
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmnkX8X54E>* for a tour. Download
instructions and links
<https://help.blackboard.com/Blackboard_App/Quick_Start#install-app-and-log-in_OTP-1>
for
both Apple and Android are included below.

Do not hesitate to reach out to your instructors by phone or email
<http://eosc.edu/discover_eosc/directories/faculty.aspx> with course
questions and concerns. Eastern's Blackboard tech support
<taclark at eosc.edu> will
assist with Blackboard questions. *Blackboard Learn Help for Students*
<https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Student> page will be a great resource
for you too. Please reach out if you need assistance, we will get through
this together.

Install app and log in

Use these steps to download and install the Blackboard app.

   1. From your tablet or phone, access the appropriate app store.
   Download to your Apple® device
   <https://itunes.apple.com/app/blackboard-app/id950424861?mt=8>
   Download to your Android™ device

   <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackboard.android.bbstudent&hl=en>
   2. If necessary, search for Blackboard.
   3. Install the Blackboard app on your mobile device.
   4. Open the Blackboard app and search for *Eastern Oklahoma State
   College*. If you can’t find your school, contact your school’s IT help
   desk at .
   5. Log in with your Blackboard Learn username and password. These are
   the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a
   computer. If you need assistance finding your Blackboard username or
   resetting your password go to "What's my Username and Password
   <https://ellucian-webadv.eosc.edu/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor?TOKENIDX=5082362922&SS=1&APP=CORE>"
   page.

Kellye Semeski
Eastern OK State College
Instructional Designer/CIS Instructor
918-465-1744
Attachments area
Preview YouTube video Introducing the Blackboard App
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmnkX8X54E&authuser=1>