[Eoscstudents] Fall Break

Janet Wansick jwansick at eosc.edu
Tue Oct 13 11:46:37 CDT 2020

All,

We made it to Fall Break! I wanted to take a moment to thank you for all
you are doing to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus. It will take
us all doing our part to ensure we can continue to remain on campus through
the end of the semester.

As we head into Fall Break, I wanted to remind you the importance of
following the 3 W’s: Wear a mask, wash your hands, and watch your distance.
I read an article yesterday about the number of Covid-19 cases in Oklahoma.
The line that jumped out to me was “it took Oklahoma 5 months to get to
50,000 cases and only 8-weeks to add 50,000 more.” I included the case
counts below for those of you that are curious. Medical experts are
concerned because the spread is happening in rural communities. Your
adherence to the safety protocols will make a difference.

I hope you are able to relax, unwind and enjoy your time over the break.
Stay safe.

jw

4/4/20: 1,000 cases

6/20/20: 10,000 cases