[Eoscstudents] Fall Mass Communication classes

Kristen Turner kturner at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:49:47 CDT 2022

Welcome to Eastern!

Each semester, I like to send out a reminder of the different types of
courses we have in the Mass Communication Department. While I would love to
have you as a major (common areas include public relations, advertising,
photography, graphic arts, video production, journalism, and radio), you
don't have to be a major to take any of these classes. Remember, that some
of these courses are only offered on the Wilburton campus.

The Intro to Mass Communication course will count as a General Education
elective for several degree plans, and ANY of these classes will count
toward the *General Studies *Major Field.

All but one of these courses uses a Cengage textbook (NOT MindTap), so if
you already have Unlimited or are taking another course with Unlimited, you
will not have to pay extra for the ebook.

*MCOMM 1101 Publication Production* - (M 8:40-9:30 ) - This class produces
our online student newspaper. There are several roles
for students interested in writing, photography, web design, video
production, or social media management.

*MCOMM 1113 Introduction to Mass Communication* (2nd 8 weeks - ONLINE) -
This is a very interesting course that gives you an overall view of the
mass media and how society is affected. This course is a general education
elective for many majors. This course uses a Cengage textbook.

*MCOMM 1223 Video Production I* (MW 11:15-12:30) This is a great course if
you want to learn the theory and practice of basic video production
techniques in television and post-production. Students are taught to use
Adobe Premiere Pro. This course uses a Cengage textbook.

*MCOMM 1213 News Reporting *(MW 1 - 2:15 Hybrid) -  This course focuses on
writing with an emphasis on the elements of evaluating and writing news for
media and interviewing techniques. This course uses a Cengage textbook.

Also, we are always looking for interns and student workers for Mountaineer
Radio and TV <https://www.facebook.com/mountaineerradio>. Please contact me
if you have any questions, and always speak with your advisor before
enrolling in any of these courses.

--

Kristen E. Turner

Dean of Language, Humanities, and Education

Professor of Mass Communication and Speech

P: 918-465-1720 | Baker Hall 124

Eastern Oklahoma State College

eosc.edu <http://www.eosc.edu> | radio.eosc.edu <http://www.radio.eosc.edu/>