[Eoscstudents] Heating and Cooling

Monica Johnston mjohnston2 at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 7 09:46:38 CST 2022

All,
Housing has received an abundance of complaints regarding the heating and
cooling system here at Eatern. I would like to take this opportunity and
explain how it works. Switching the system from heat to cool is not as
simple as flipping a switch. We run on boilers so it is much more
complicated than what we are used to as far as just changing the
temperature on a thermostat. Our systems here on this campus will only be
changed seasonally, and will be done when there are no more chances of
winter weather expected, ice, low temperatures, cold fronts, snow, etc... I
hope that this email will help to clarify how the heating and cooling
system works. If you have any questions please let housing know and thank
you for your patience.  Have a great day.

--
Thank You,
*Monica Johnston*

*"Yesterday is not ours to recover,*