[Eoscstudents] Amanda Gorman "The HIll We Climb" for AARI/Black History Month

Dobry Betty bdobry at eosc.edu
Wed Feb 22 08:57:53 CST 2023

EOSC’s Arts and Humanities Student Club would like invite you to the
presentation of Amanda Gorman’s “The Hill We Climb” reading and discussion
of this talented young poet to celebrate Black History Month and the
African American Read-In that has become a part of Black History Month from
the National Council of Teachers of English.

The presentation will include the recorded YouTube video of her reciting
her now famous poem, discussion about our youngest American Poet Laureate
and this poem with audience interaction.

 *Location*: President’s Dining Room in E.E. Tourtellotte Student Center,
small room next to the   Great Western Dining on the 1st floor

*Date*:         Thursday, February 23. 2023

*Time*:         1 pm to 2 pm

·         Door prizes!

·         Light Refreshments!

·         Cell Phones and Tablets welcomed as a part of the presentation
participation!

·         Certificates of Participation in the African American Read-In for
Black History Month 2023 for students who attend!

[image: 23_AARI_Host_Badge.png]

*See you there!*
--
*Betty Dobry, MA*
*Instructor of English/Developmental English*