[Eoscstudents] TRiO SSS Sign Up: Thunder Game on March 29th

Colby Carpenter ccarpenter at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 6 08:53:50 CST 2023

All services are provided to qualifying students free of charge in an
effort to increase retention and graduation rates while improving study
skills and enhancing the college experience. For more information about
TRIO, visit the U.S. Department of Education's TRiO website
<http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/index.html#programs>. At
this site, you also have access to specific TRiO programs and links to
other colleges and universities that support these programs.

   - Qualifying for TRiO Services

   The U.S. Department of Education (DOE) requires that participants must
   be citizens of the U.S. or meet the residency requirements for federal
   student financial assistance, and is either:
   1. A first-generation college student (meaning neither parent has a
      bachelor’s degree) and/or
      2. Have a limited income (according to federal guidelines) OR
      3. Have a physical or learning disability

   - Applying for TRiO Services

   Apply for assistance through Eastern's TRiO Student Support Services by:
   1. Complete the TRiO Program Application
      <https://botform.compansol.com/201686800970054> (link opens online
      application in a new window).
      2. Schedule an appointment with the TRiO academic advisor to develop
      a success plan.

ccarpenter at eosc.edu