[Eoscstudents] Safety Notification.

Alton Jones ajones725 at eosc.edu
Thu Feb 1 15:57:29 CST 2024

All,
There have been reports of unknown men in trucks going through the
dumpsters and the trash in the dumpsters early in the mornings around
2:00am. Campus Police will be increasing our patrols of campus, however,
please be aware of what you throw away.  Shred any mail or documents that
may contain personal information (i.e. Social Security numbers, bank
statements, or anything with your name, address, birth date, account
numbers, passwords, student ID numbers, etc.). We had issues with students
getting their bank information stolen in the past and it will play havoc
trying to get it fixed. If it can be fixed. Pleas keep your credit/bank
cards safeguarded even from your roommates. Never allow anyone to borrow
your card or share your PIN with anyone. I also recommend investing in an
RFID protected wallet and a small document safe to store any high value
items. If you have any information related to any of this please contact
Campus Police at 918-448-2365. Thank you.

Alton L. Jones
Campus Police Chief
Eastern Oklahoma State College
Phone: 918-465-1739