[Lender] Airborne Express Delivery Problem at OU

Mc Conahay, Pamela K pmcconahay at ou.edu
Wed Mar 6 09:47:00 CST 2002

Dear Lenders, Servicers & Guarantors:

Have you ever thought everything was going really smoothly, and then some
little niggling thing comes up and has the potential to really screw things
up?!    Well, it seems to be happening to us.

We get a lot of deliveries of checks via Airborne Express.  For years, our
Airborne guy "Eddie" has been a fixture on campus, knows everybody, knows
every office, works his behind off.....he's English and calls everyone "luv"
and sends us postcards when he goes to England on vacation.  We just LOVE
Eddie.

Airborne Express transferred the Norman/OU route to another "station"----so,
Friday was Eddie's last day as our guy. We were very sad.

Guess what.....we haven't received any Airborne deliveries since Monday,
when Tim, the new guy, took over Eddie's route.
We heard today (from the Fed Ex and UPS guys who are loving every minute of
this) that Tim can't find anything at OU and has started returning Airborne
packages because he can't deliver them.

I just alerted the two servicers we know use Airborne for their check
deliveries (Sallie Mae and Loanstar) that packages may come back and should
be re-sent. I thought I'd alert all of you in case you've used Airborne
since Friday that your packages may come back.  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH
THE MAILING ADDRESS YOU ARE USING.  IT'S JUST TIM.

Guess who I'm going to call next?  Yeah.  Airborne.    Wouldn't you all like
to be a fly on the wall for THAT call?!!!

Pam McConahay
Asst Dir., Compliance & Support Svcs
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
731 Elm, Rm 125, Norman OK 73019-2111
(405) 325-4617, fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu