[Lender] OU's 06-07 Stafford and PLUS Processing

Mc Conahay, Pamela K. pmcconahay at ou.edu
Fri May 12 14:40:10 CDT 2006

Just wanted to give everyone an update that we've started transmitting
6-07 Stafford Loans for guarantee & print this week.  We let our 06-07
loans stack up so students could get all the fee breaks possible,
including those that didn't start paying the O fee until 5/1/06.  We
think we'll be caught up on transmitting our backlog by today.

We had also been holding PLUS certifications awaiting resolution of some
of our software issues on Grad PLUS.  Since we're not able to certify
Grad/PLUS until July 1 anyway, we've decided to stop holding these PLUS
loans and get on with processing them.

We know you've had some frustrated parents tell you that "OU doesn't
have any record of my PLUS Loan" because we hadn't loaded the cert
requests to our system.  We're sorry about that.  We also know that
we've had some parents apply multiple times for 06-07 PLUS because they
think the original application didn't go thru----we're going to check
for duplicate applications during the certification process.  Anyway,
you should start seeing PLUS certifications for 06-07 coming from us
starting next week.

Pam McConahay
Assoc. Dir., Compliance, Training & Lender Relations
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
1000 Asp Avenue, Room 216 Norman OK 73019-4078
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu

This message, and attachments if any,  from the University of Oklahoma
may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information.  If you received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender and delete this message immediately.  Thank you.