[Oacrao-l] prerequisite policies

Jarmer, Keila keila.jarmer at osuokc.edu
Tue Aug 10 15:39:31 CDT 2010

Good afternoon,

I have a question regarding how your institutions verify/enforce
prerequisites for students who enroll themselves online.  I'm
particularly interested in 2-year schools and anyone who offers
developmental/remedial courses.  I'm looking for a few specific things,
but any feedback would be great.

*         Does your institution block students from enrolling in courses
through the online enrollment system if they don't have the proper
prerequisites?  Or is it the responsibility of the student to follow
prerequisites and enroll accordingly?

*         Are developmental/remedial courses treated differently?

*         Are your students advised by professional advisors, faculty
advisors, or both?

Thanks!

Keila Jarmer

Registrar

Oklahoma State University - Oklahoma City

900 N. Portland Avenue

Oklahoma City, OK  73107

(405) 945-3252

keila.jarmer at osuokc.edu <mailto:cartebm at osuokc.edu>