[Oacrao-l] OACRAO-L, A Change in Venue

cjones at tulsacc.edu cjones at tulsacc.edu
Wed Feb 10 08:33:30 CST 2010

        Dear OACRAO Membership:

This is a ?TEST? of the new OACRAO Listserve. For many years, since it was
activated, OACRAO-L has resided on a server at Tulsa Community College,
thus making TCC the technical coordinator of the listserve. This message
is to explain a change that is presently underway with OACRAO-L.

In short, the server that OACRAO-L resided on was being decommissioned in
early 2010 so the listserve needed to be moved to another location. Then,
the snow and ice storm Tulsa received back prior to Christmas, caused
major electrical problems and as they were resolved, the server was
damaged and basically lost.

What is happening now is I have moved OACRAO-L to the OneNet site, which
was developed and is managed by the OSRHE. There will be a new e-mail
address to use for all of the current OACRAO membership. In the essence to
save time, I will be loading all the membership e-mail addresses from the
membership directory on the OACRAO webpage, into the server as a start. As
time warrants, there will be further explanation as to how to subscribe
and add or delete members.

Everyone that is receiving this e-mail has been loaded into the directory.
What I am asking of each of you is to do the following:

Please send an e-mail to Carroll Jones at the following address:
cjones at tulsacc.edu

In the e-mail, all I want you to say is that you received the ?TEST?
message and the above explanation. I do not want 300 messages bouncing
across the server just yet but if you receive this, that tells me a
certain phase is working and I can continue to finalize the rest of the
rebuild.

Thank you so much for your patience. I will be in touch.

Respectfully, Carroll Jones, Tulsa Community College

P.S., the new url you will be using is   oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net      so
keep this handy because this is what you will use in the future when you
have a question for the membership, as per the past.

Carroll E. Jones, Jr.
Registrar, Distance Learning
Tulsa Community College
909 S. Boston