[Oacrao-l] ACT Post Secondary Spring Conference-New Orleans April 28-30

Don.Pitchford at act.org Don.Pitchford at act.org
Wed Mar 10 12:52:57 CST 2010

Greetings from ACT,

Just a quick reminder hoping some of our OACRAO friends can join us in New
Orleans this April ! This email serves as notification to register (if you
have yet to do so) to attend the  14th Annual ACT Southwest Region
Conference on College Readiness and Success. This year's conference will
be held at the contemporary W hotel in festive New Orleans from Wednesday,
April 28, 2010, through Friday, April 30, 2010. The 14th annual conference
coincides with the internationally recognized New Orleans Jazz Fest!
http://www.nojazzfest.com/

The conference will provide you and your staff with a great low-cost
opportunity for professional development as well as an opportunity to
experience what many consider the best "cultural and musical festival" in
the world. As a non for profit partner of higher education, ACT is
sensitive to budget constraints that many are experiencing and is able to
offer this conference at a very low cost of $145.00 per person. This cost
includes four meals. Conference and registration information is available
on our website at:
http://act.org/cgi-bin/cal/cal.pl?CODE=5402

The 14th Annual ACT Southwest Conference will provide postsecondary
administrators, from both student and academic affairs, with the
opportunity to learn more about best practices associated with
testing/assessment , student recruitment, course placement, remediation
and retention related strategies. All session presenters are postsecondary
administrators who will share expert insight relative to how they have
been successful in achieving critical institutional goals on their
respective campuses. An informative enrollment management/admissions
related track has been added to this year's conference along with sessions
that will focus on innovative uses of ACT's COMPASS system for diagnostic
testing and high-school outreach. Most of the conference will focus on how
ACT's programs and services, specifically the COMPASS internet version,
can strategically be used to enhance student success initiatives
associated with recruitment,  placement, advancement and retention.  The
conference is well attended each year and provides a wide array of campus
administrators with an opportunity to gather valuable information relative
to what others across the nation are doing to ensure college readiness,
increase student persistence and enhance overall institutional
effectiveness.

If you are unable to attend, please forward this email to any other
administrator or staff member that you believe would benefit from
attending.  Please note that there is a limited number of hotel rooms
available to conference attendees at $139.00 per night. These are quickly
being filled so be sure to secure a room asap as we expect to fill our
allotment well before the hotel deadline of April 7, 2010. New Orleans is
experiencing some phenomenal tourism trends so alternate lodging options
will be limited.  You can contact the hotel at 504-525-9444. Be sure to
mention that you are with the ACT GROUP. We are looking forward to seeing
all past attendees, and a significant number of new attendees, this spring
in festive "N'Awlins"!

PS: Please contact me directly if any of you could possibly forward this
message to our friends that are members of GPACAC and the Oklahoma College
Fair Coordinating group.Thanks.

Don Pitchford Ph.D.
ACT Southwest Region
Austin, Texas
512 345-1949 (office)

Learn more and register for the 14th annual Post Secondary Conference for
Student Success
http://act.org/cgi-bin/cal/cal.pl?CODE=5402