[Oacrao-l] help on IELTS

Armstrong, Pamla R. parmstro at ecok.edu
Tue Mar 30 13:45:28 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I hope you can all help me out on an issue that I need a very QUICK
answer on.  We are preparing to admit a number of international students
and are looking at how we will satisfy their language proficiency
requirement.  The minimum score we use for IELTS is 6.0 for both
graduate and undergraduate students.  Last week I discovered that the
OSRHE procedures manual now reflects a 5.0 as the minimum score.  I
checked and Gina said we were notified in the spring that this changed
via OACRAO-l.  Can you tell me what IELTS score you use and when you
received the notification that it changed from 6 to 5?  I wonder if I am
not getting the updates.  I get the ones on policy but not things that
change in the procedures like this.

Thanks for your speedy response.  Time is working against me on this one
so I am relying on my OACRAO friends to set me straight!

Pamla

Pamla Armstrong

Director of Admissions and Records/Registrar

East Central University

1100 E 14th ECU PMB J-8

Ada OK  74820-6999

(580) 559-5239 (Phone)