[Oacrao-l] Copies of Transcripts

RKimmons at tulsacc.edu RKimmons at tulsacc.edu
Thu Nov 11 13:39:54 CST 2010

Barbara,

At TCC, we have walk-ins also that are admitted the same day the see an
advisor. Knowing the official will not be scanned for advisement to view
immediately, we will give a copy to the student after we have date stamped
it, written the student ID on it, and initialed it. Most copies are obvious
because of the "copy"  watermark. Our advisors appreciate being able to
guide the student in their course selections.

Hope this helps,

rjk

Ruby J Kimmons, Associate Registrar
NEC Enrollment Services
Tulsa Community College
3727 East Apache
Tulsa  Oklahoma  74115
Office: 918-595-7529
FAX:    918-595-7594

             "Gowdy, Barbara"
             <bgowdy at occc.edu>
             oacrao-l-bounces@         "'Peaster, Rita'"
             lists.onenet.net          <rita.peaster at okstate.edu>,
                                       "oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net"
                                       <oacrao-l at lists.onenet.net>
             11/11/2010 11:05                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Oacrao-l] Copies of
                                       Transcripts

To clarify something that has come up during this exchange do you give the
student a copy when they are first admitted to take with them to see an
advisor or faculty or are they expected to bring in two official
transcripts.  I know that OCCC may be unique in that many of our students
are admitted as walk ins.  How would you handle advisors or faculty needing
to see the transcript for prerequisites, etc., if you don’t provide a copy
to the student?

Barbara Gowdy
Director of Graduation Services
Oklahoma City Community College