[Oacrao-l] Invitation to ACT Enrollment Management Workshops

Don.Pitchford at act.org Don.Pitchford at act.org
Mon Apr 11 15:05:11 CDT 2011

Greetings from ACT:

We hope this email finds you all doing well and experiencing success with
meeting enrollment objectives on your respective campuses. As you likely
know,  ACT is recognized in the higher education arena for its solutions
relative to assisting with recruitment, placement and retention. For the
past fifty years ACT research and solutions have helped guide higher
education leaders in making informed decisions that have helped students
successfully "get in, get through, and get out" ...a very simplistic
description of enrollment management.

Simply put, the proper use of ACT research and solutions can lead to
greater success with strategies associated with recruitment, advising,
placement, and in measuring learning outcomes.  For this purpose, ACT has
designed a series of FREE one day drive-in workshops to offer to New
Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana enrollment management, student
services, institutional research,  testing , retention and admission
professionals. We have targeted Albuquerque, Baton Rouge, Oklahoma City
and Little Rock as hosting cities as we feel it will logistically best
serve our clients from all areas of your states. Our hopes are that
professionals from your schools , that may have been restricted to travel
to other conferences , will recognize the value and ease of attending
these free informative workshops.

We plan to begin these workshops at 10:00 and finish by 2:00 each day thus
providing most guests with an opportunity to only be away from their
offices one day.  ACT will provide a catered luncheon at each workshop.
ACT intends to secure a representative from each of your state's Higher
Education Departments to provide an introduction and state specific P-20
update. Information relative to the increasing number of ACT test takers
and how this may effect your state's applicant pool will be featured. We
also plan  to secure a local speaker at each workshop to share a "best
practice" associated with an EM related strategy.

You can view the workshop agenda and register to attend one of the
workshops at the following link:
http://www.act.org/southwest/compass_forums.html
We hope that you find these workshop offerings a valuable, convenient
professional development opportunity and are able to send a team to join
us this spring. Thank you for all that you do for your students as we
appreciate and value our continued partnership with our counterparts in
higher education.

Don Pitchford PhD
Higher Education Consultant
Austin, Texas