[Oacrao-l] Question about failing grades for non attendance

David Fulmer dfulmer at oru.edu
Tue Aug 9 14:56:28 CDT 2011

Hello, Janice.  With maintaining compliance with Title IV and VA benefits we have also been considering the same thing.  Our administration is currently reviewing the recommendation to use an grade of FA or FNA for failed non-attendance.

>>> Janice Middlebrooks <jmiddlebrooks at macu.edu> 8/9/2011 2:47 PM >>>

It has been suggested to us that we should create a grade of FN or NF to reflect failing a course for non-attendance versus an earned F.  I have some questions:
1.       Do you have such a grade?  If so what is it?
2.       Is that grade recorded on transcripts and grade reports or is it something you note internally?
Thanks for your replies.

Janice Middlebrooks
Assistant Registrar
Mid-America Christian University
3500 S.W. 119th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Fax: (405) 692-3279
(405) 692-3175 | jmiddlebrooks at macu.edu