[Oacrao-l] Course names

Trammell, Genie genie.trammell at okstate.edu
Mon Feb 14 16:53:16 CST 2011

All,

I would like to ask your opinions on course names.

We have a course that we offer in both 2000 and 3000 level on our campus.  The students decide if they want to enroll in the 2000 towards the AAS degree or the 3000 level towards the BT degree.  The courses offer the same elements but there is an additional learning component for the 3000 level course.   I believe to avoid confusion, that the names should be different by either adding "advanced" or level 2.
Does anyone else out there have the same situation?  What do you think, how do you handle this issue?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CBCC67.06AE86F0]<http://www.osuit.edu/>

Genie Trammell
Interim Registrar
Oklahoma State University
Institute of Technology
1801 East 4th Street
Okmulgee, Oklahoma 74447-3901
P 918-293-5274
F 918-293--4614
genie.trammell at okstate.edu<mailto:genie.trammell at okstate.edu>

"The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you." B.B. King