[Oacrao-l] Commencement

Bill Nowlin nowlin at nsuok.edu
Tue Jun 14 16:30:33 CDT 2011

Kristie,

We charge $40 that is collected when they apply.  We print name, home town,
major by college and degree type.  We also print a separate Honors section
with name and home town.  The President gives everyone a diploma cover and
our Alumni Director gives them a rolled poster after they leave the stage.
We do not have a reception and print our own diplomas.

Bill

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Kristie Luke <KLuke at se.edu> wrote:

>  Hello All!
>

> We are talking about our commencement/graduation process here at
> Southeastern and were wondering what others are doing:
>

> 1.       What is your graduation fee?
>
> 2.       When is the fee collected? ____at time of application  _____when
> approved for graduation
>
> 3.       What info is put in the commencement program?    ______Student
> Name  _____ Major ______Home Town
>
> 4.       What do you give to students at the ceremony?    ­­______ Diploma
> Cover/Tube  _____Poster   _____Diploma   _____Nothing
>
> 5.       Do you have a reception for the graduates?   _____All together
> _____by Academic School   ______None
>
> 6.       Are your diplomas:   _____Printed in House     ______Printed by
> an outside vendor (ex: Jostens)
>

> Currently, we charge a $25 fee that is due when approved for graduation.
>  We list everything in the program—name, hometown, major, honor status.
>  We hand out a rolled “Commencement Poster” at the ceremony and have a
> University-wide reception afterwards.    Our diplomas are printed by
> Jostens.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kristie
>

> *Kristie Luke**
> *Assoc. Dean for Admissions & Records/Registrar
> Southeastern Oklahoma State University
> 1405 N 4th, PMB 4225 – Durant, OK  74701
> Phone: 580-745-2165  Fax: 580-745-7502
> kluke at SE.edu    www.SE.edu <http://www.se.edu/>

Bill Nowlin
Dean of Enrollment Management/Registrar