[Oacrao-l] Call Centers for Enrollment Management?

Adam Johnson ADJohnson at uco.edu
Mon Aug 5 08:26:13 CDT 2013

Good morning!

If any of your institutions utilizes a call center (either internally or externally), would you mind briefly sharing a bit about that operation in terms of staff, function, and service expectations?

For example, our call center began to serve incoming financial aid questions.  Now, there is a Director over that area (with additional duties), a Coordinator, 2 full-time Service Representatives to handle incoming calls, and multiple student workers serving in the same role.  The Service Reps & students are expected to try to resolve/answer questions that come in rather than to serve as a switchboard.  They've been trained to answer a variety of questions concerning admissions, financial aid, enrollment, records, tours, schedule advisement appointments, and other enrollment-management related functions.  If they're unable to answer them, they have a list of 2nd tier individuals of whom they can contact, obtain the answer, and then respond back to the caller with the information.  If unable to reach the next level person, they will notify that individual by email including who called, their contact information, followed by a brief description of the issue/question and notify the caller to expect a returned email/call.

We're evaluating our processes for the call center, especially in terms of measuring and evaluating our service standards, and we hoped if any of you have a similar type of operations that you wouldn't mind sharing.  Thanks, and have a happy Monday as we continue to speed toward the fall semester!

Adam Johnson, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President/Registrar
100 N. University Drive,
NUC 136D, Box 151
Edmond, OK  73034
www.uco.edu<http://www.uco.edu/>
(405)974-2385
(405)974-3930
Go Bronchos!

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.