[Oacrao-l] Admission Question

Cooper, Stephanie G. scooper at ecok.edu
Mon Apr 14 14:47:55 CDT 2014

Happy Monday all! I have a couple of questions and I'm needing responses from you all.

When admitting beginning freshman and checking for curricular deficiencies, can you tell me some of the courses you will accept in the science category; and also what'd you accept in the "other" category for computer science and computer business applications. I'm really wanting to know specific, non-standard titles that you are accepting outside of the normal biology, chemistry, etc.

Specifically for science, would you accept Forensic Science or Life Science? And for computer business applications, would you accept Desktop Publishing?

Then, my last question, do you accept a student's ACT scores that are listed on their official high school transcript or do you require that they supply the official ACT report? We've recently noticed some discrepancies in the scores listed on transcripts from a certain school and it has made us question using the transcript to admit.

I will appreciate any and all answers!!!
Stephanie

Stephanie
Stephanie Cooper, MSHR
Interim Director of Admissions & Records/Registrar
East Central University
Office of Admissions & Records
1100 E 14 ECU PMB J-8
Ada, OK 74820
(580) 559-5239 (ph)
(580) 559-5432 (fax)
scooper at ecok.edu

The highest result of education is tolerance.<http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/3223.html>
                              ~Helen Keller
East Central University's mission is to foster a learning environment in which students, faculty, staff, and community interact to educate students for life in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse society. Within its service area, East Central University provides leadership for economic development and cultural enhancement.