[Oacrao-l] Letter Grades

Pam Ward pward at mscok.edu
Tue Jan 7 10:43:04 CST 2014

I am doing a little bit of research and need  to see how other institutions
are handling this.  I have read the state regents policy on grading and I
am just needing some reassurance.

1. Does the institution issue letter grades on sports (basketball,
baseball, football, softball, etc.).
    If so is this letter grade calculated into the semester and cum gpa?
    This is counted in retention hours?

2. Does the institution issue letter grades for PE courses
(dance,swimming,weight training, etc).
    If so is this letter grade calculated into the semester and cum gpa?

3.  Do you count these courses toward your graduation requirements
(electives)?

--
*Pam Ward *
*Murray State College*

*"Mission Statement:  Murray State College Provides Opportunities for
Student Learning, Personal Growth, Professional Success, and Community
Enhancement"*