[Oacrao-l] Concurrent Enrollment - Virtual High Schools

Horinek, Jon jhorinek at occc.edu
Fri May 30 14:07:40 CDT 2014

Colleagues,

We have seen a flurry of concurrent enrollment lately for virtual high schools and to be completely honest we don't have a solid handle on how to deal with them when it comes to concurrent enrollment. So I was hoping to get some best practice guidelines from OACRAO. Even if it isn't a best-practice a "best guess" would be just fine.

Official transcripts - Oklahoma Virtual Charter issues diplomas through Choctaw-Nicoma Park School District however, they don't issue transcripts through that school district. The student can only print a transcript off the K12 corporate website. Are we to consider that official for concurrent enrollment purposes?

I would just accept it and hold for an official but we recently got thumped on our OSRHE concurrent audit for that.

Thoughts? Musings? Ideas?

Thanks

JH

Jon B. Horinek