[Oacrao-l] Reverse Transfer Workshop

Rick Edgington Rick.Edgington at noc.edu
Wed Jul 8 09:58:18 CDT 2015

Another terrific opportunity at the Reverse Transfer workshop is the opportunity to ask questions related to FERPA and transcript exchange.  Scheduled to join us from the US Department of Education is Michael Hawes, Statistical Privacy Advisor.  Hawes advises the Department of Education's Chief Privacy Officer and senior leadership on issues relating to data release, data management, and disclosure avoidance, and oversees the Department's Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)<http://ptac.ed.gov/>, which provides technical assistance on privacy and data security issues to state and local education agencies and to institutions of higher education.

Michael also chairs the Department of Education's Disclosure Review Board, the Department-wide board responsible for reviewing the disclosure avoidance methodologies used to protect privacy in the Department's public data releases.
Hawes was also instrumental in providing the set up and approvals of the University of Central Oklahoma's Official Volunteer program we have discussed in previous OACRAO meetings.

If you are unable to attend the workshop in your institution's delegation but would like to submit a question to Michael, please send it to me in advance.

Jay Corwin, Ph.D.
Student Affairs
University of Central Oklahoma
(405) 974-2348