[Oacrao-l] Study Abroad Credit

Janet Kelley kelleyje at nsuok.edu
Wed Feb 10 13:43:17 CST 2016

Hi Everyone!

SACRAO was great!  I wish I could have stayed for the whole conference!

We have a student who is currently at Swansea University in Wales on the
Brad Henry International Scholars program.  She is asking to be allowed the
option to have her work from Swansea transcripted as pass/fail rather than
the letter grade after she receives her final scores from Swansea.

In the past we have used the United Kingdom grade conversion scale to
determine the US equivalent and entered the appropriate grade for the
course.

She is stating that "every single Brad Henry Scholar who I am here with has
the option to switch to "pass fail" once they know their final score. (As
well as all of the American students here from across the country)."

I'm reaching out to find out how you handle grades for these students as
well as other study abroad programs.

Thanks!

Janet Kelley
Registrar
Northeastern State University
701 North Grand Avenue
Tahlequah, OK  74464
(918) 444-2228
Fax: (918) 458-9638

* Courage isn't always a lion's roar.  It is sometimes the heart at the end
of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."  ~ Unknown*
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the intended
recipient or his/her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is prohibited. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and deleting this email immediately.