[Oacrao-l] OACRAO Fall 2016 Conference Information/Call for proposals

Adam Johnson ADJohnson at uco.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:36:26 CST 2016

Good afternoon, all!

Although we have both the SACRAO conference and Policy Workshop in the rearview mirror, it's not too soon to begin thinking about the OACRAO Fall Conference!  As a reminder, it will be October 5 - 7, 2016 at the University of Central Oklahoma.

Several session topics and presenters have already been identified, but I wanted to ask the membership if you would like to volunteer/submit suggestions for presentations and presenters as well.  Additionally, I'm hoping the list of potential session topics will help get you motivated to ensure your attendance (I know budget may dictate that for several of us-regardless of desire to attend)!   I would like to have any session topics & presenters sent to me by Thursday, March 31st.

At the Spring Policy Workshop, it appeared that there is enough interest to conduct a pre-conference workshop around Reverse Transfer, so we'll try to arrange that as well as the International Admission & Advising workshop (already planned).  Listed below are the sessions (both with presenters and ones without), so if you have any additional session topic suggestions as well as potential presenters, please let me know!  Thank you!

Suggested Session Topics with Presenters Identified:
Admission Processing of Undocumented Students
Remediation
Data clean up
Aspiring Americans - Community partnership development
Comprehensive Student Record
Holistic Admissions
Degree Audit (Panel)
"R is for Thursday" Update
Veteran Support - Beyond Certification (Panel)
Automated Decisions in Banner
How to Make Your Department Self Sufficient
Creating Job Descriptions That Work
SIS "Birds of a Feather" Open Topics

Suggested Session Topics WITHOUT Presenters:
Reverse Transfer
Technology on a Budget
Job Scedulers (how it's helped with processing)
Maximizing Excel - Tips & Tricks
Online Graduation Applications
Gender Issues Related to Student Records (pronouns/preferred names)

Adam Johnson, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President/Registrar
100 N. University Drive,
NUC 136D, Box 151